Roughly around the time Trump started his Afghanistan speech, Ron Paul tweeted out a cautiously optimistic note: "Hoping for the best in tonight's @realDonaldTrump speech but fearful that foreign intervention is only going to get worse. #Afghanistan." Alas it was not meant to be, and over 20 tweets later in what proved to be the angriest tweetstorm of the night, Ron Paul had come to a conclusion: Trump is now nothing more than the latest neocon, one whom even Lindsey Graham applauded.
Below is a chronological rundown of Ron Paul's progressively angier tweets, as he was live commenting on Trump's speech:
- Hoping for the best in tonight's @realDonaldTrump speech but fearful that foreign intervention is only going to get worse. #Afghanistan
- Steve Bannon brakes removed. Neocons feeling their oats.
- The military personnel are the victims of bad foreign policy.
- Sad that these wars the politicians argue for are unconstitutional yet we are told we are over there defending the Constitution.
- Mr. President it's too bad you do not follow your instincts.
- Planned in Afghanistan? What about Saudi Arabia??
- What's wrong with rapid exit? We just marched in we can just march out.
- So far very discouraging. Sounds like pure neocon foreign policy.
- The promoters of war win. The American people lose. #Afghanistan
- Remember: there was no al-Qaeda until our foolish invasion of Iraq based on neocon lies.
- The American people deserve to know when we are going to war and MUST give you permission through their representatives in Congress!
- Emphasis on Pakistan just means the war going to be expanded!
- Emphasis on military alliance with India may well lead to more vicious war between nuclear states Pakistan and India. Smart?
- Terrorism is one thing, but what about massive collateral damage? Killing civilians creates more terrorism. Round and round we go.
- Shorter Trump: "Afghanistan: give us your minerals!"
- Nothing new. More of the same. Obama was wrong. This is NOT the good war. Sooner we get out the better.
- More killing is not the road to peace.
- The emphasis on the "grave danger" of terrorism is greatly exaggerated. But more intervention surely creates more terrorism.
- How many Americans are really sitting around worrying about an Afghan terrorist coming over and killing them?
- So many of our problems are self-inflicted by a deeply flawed foreign policy. US troops - and the family members - suffer the consequences.
- Big issue of the night: US expanding the war into Pakistan. Could precipitate more conflict between nuclear India and Pakistan.
- If Americans are tired of 16 year war, how will they feel about another decade or two? When will they wake up?
- Our ultimately "hasty" departure from Vietnam finally ended a lot of grief. Even if it came way too late.
- Beware! @LindseyGrahamSC loves Trump's speech! Why are arch-neocons celebrating so much? Very telling!
- There's nothing hasty about ending America's longest war. @POTUS bowed to military-industrial establishment; doubled down on perpetual war.
Based on Trump's speech, Ron Paul's concerns are well founded. Then again, as we await Breitbart's response to Trump's adress one thing is certain: Steve Bannon will not be happy with what "neocon" Trump said tonight, even if the WaPo and NYT are now on "mute" mode when it comes to NSA-sourced, anti-Trump scoops.
And while there is a distinct possibility that tomorrow night, when addressing his increasingly shaky core support base, Trump will change his mind, with two generals whispering in his ear constantly to determine US foreign policy even as two ex-Goldmanites now write domestic US policy, it is quite likely that the Trump who was unveiled tonight, is the Trump that will stay with the US population for the indefinite future. And if for some reason the "new and improved" Trump slips and fades away again... well there's always the Mueller "Russia collusion" probe in the background keeping the president on his toes.
Update: Here's Breitbart's take, as expected.
The post In Angry Tweetstorm, Ron Paul Lashes Out At “Neocon” Trump appeared first on crude-oil.news.
The post In Angry Tweetstorm, Ron Paul Lashes Out At “Neocon” Trump appeared first on Forex news forex trade.